I haven't tried this myself (as no-one will try it with me) but I hear it is a very good strategy.
When you have enough points, make your way to the Help Room. But don't go through the Help door. Take the stairs in the spawn room, than the other stairs leading down into the Help Room.
(for the better player or advanced train runner, lets say Player A
- 2 Ray Guns
(they help greatly, but can start to become a nuisance at later rounds when they create crawlers)
(for the person without the Thundergun. Will become harder to kill as the rounds go on, but to keep re-buying ammo is a great thing. Player B
- 2 Monkey Bombs
(you'll most likely need these when reviving, but not required
with advanced techniques and knowledge)
- 3rd weapon
. With MK added, you can get a 3rd weapon. Good if your out of ammo, but can hinder you in some situations, so personal preferance if you want one)
Finally, LEAVE THE HELP DOOR CLOSED. It must
remain closed if the strategy is to succeed.
will be in the spawn room. Since they have a smaller area to work with, and more zombies will go for them, they need the Thundergun for protection. They will be running trains around the pillars. They must always have the Thundergun out
incase they run into any trouble while doing this, using the Ray Gun only if they are out of ammo for the Thundergun. Once you have all the zombies in a bunch, use the Ray Gun or Thundergun to deal with them, and redo this over and over again.NOTE: When using the Ray Gun to deal with them all bunched up, only use it when you have no obstacles in front of you, and you have a clean shot. You must deal with any crawlers ASAP, as they can block your path and will down you.
needs to be revived in the Help Room, keep calm. You must let all their zombies form into your train before you run over there. This ensures there are no zombies blocking your path, and ammo will be saved. Once over there, position yourself so you can see the stairs to see when the zombies are coming. While reviving, tap Y/Triangle to bring out your Thundergun. If any zombies get too close you can blast them with the Thundergun, but while reviving B
. Once revived, train a little with B
and clear out all the zombies with a single Thundergun blast. Run back to your area and repeat above strategy.
will be in the Help Room/Mystery Box area. They will mostly be using the Ray Gun and will be running a train around the pillars. They will receive less zombies than A
, and be in a bigger area, but this doesn't mean they can be careless. They will need to know how to double back, do U-turns, Figure-8's, etc, to avoid the zombies. They will mostly be coming from the stairs, so that's the place you need to keep an eye on, but you'll also need to keep a look out on the windows for zombies coming through there. Once all zombies have been gathered up, use the Ray Gun or Thompson to clear them.NOTE: Using the Thompson to clear them can be risky. Use headshots to dispose of them quickly. Only use it when there are no zombies spawning/coming through the windows and you have a safe path behind you so you wont be runnng backwards into any stray zombies.
When reviving A
, allow his zombies to form into your train before leaving. When you get to him, position yourself so you can see where the zombies will come from. When reviving, press Y/Triangle to bring out your Ray Gun so you can defend yourself if need be. When revived, let A
kill them all with a Thundergun blast, or both use your Ray Guns if he is out of ammo for it. Run back to your spot, and rinse and repeat the strategy.
- If all else fails, throw a Monkey Bomb. If you panic, struggle, etc, you can always throw a Monkey Bomb. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Be sure to tell the other player, and try to do it upstairs, so all zombies wont go to one side, leaving 1 player to deal with it.
- Be sure not to down yourself if your Ray Guns. Splash damage can be harmful!
- Crawlers become a problem with the Ray Gun at later rounds. Be sure to dispose of them as soon as possible as they can still down you in two hits, and are more annoying than sprinting zombies!
- If you are out of ammo for all weapons, and the other player still has some, try and get over to him safely so he can dispose of them. If all else fails, buy wall weapons. A CZ75 or a M1A1 Carbine is better than an empty Ray Gun.
- Always be on the lookout! Don't assume there are no more zombies as there could be some late spawners, or the other player could have a whole horde on them.
- If you know no more zombies are spawning, and there are a couple left, make a crawler and repair all windows, and do anything you need to do in RL (food, toilet, etc) and IG (weapons) while 1 person keeps the crawler occupied. When all is ready, kill the crawler and return to your spots.
- If you're downed, don't waste your Ray Gun shots on the zombies than. Instead, wait until you're getting revived so you can defend your partner.
- The Thundergun does not cause zombies to drop power-ups. Remember this.
- Whenever there is a Max Ammo
, you must get it! You don't know when the next one will drop, so you may run out of Thundergun ammo before it does. Use Monkey Bombs/Thundergun if you need too.
is an effective tool. It will block where all the zombies come from, and will give you time to think, rest for a minute, re-strategize, etc.
will dispose of all the zombies. Do not rush for it if you are in danger, but it is useful at higher rounds.
is very good as well. A
will use there Ray Gun or 3rd weapon to deal with them, and B
will use the Thompson to deal with them.
- 2x/Double Points
are the least useful power-up. Do not go out of your way to grab. Useful in the early rounds and highscore games.
- If A
is struggling/getting hard for him to do, he can hang with B
in the Help Room. This can be better and worse for both players. You will need to be in perfect unison, and not sprint, as this will unbalance the zombies and they will split up, causing confusion and ultimately ending the game. However, since both players are here, all 24 zombies will be here, allowing them to be all killed at once. Plus, with the box at your disposable, you have an unlimited supply of weapons.
Anyway that's it. Hope I helped!