Hit-detection issues returning? D:

Gross1985

SOURCE:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtop ... 0&t=304268

I was watching more leaked footage (again; sorry), and I found a video displaying some Zombies gameplay. There is something I noticed as I was watching the video, and I had to screencap each frame to make a .GIF image; I know the .GIF is crappy quality and trying to capture images frame-by-frame on YouTube really isn't as capable as, say, viewing a movie with Quicktime Player (which lets you use your arrow keys to views each frame more easily).

Here is the .GIF image I uploaded, but I must warn you first that it contains spoilage. The .GIF image itself is 16 frames, so it is short, but I wanted to warn everyone ahead of time before posting the link. Here it is:

http://oi52.tinypic.com/nv5ee9.jpg

Last year I made a thread in the Forums concerning a technical issue that I couldn't help but notice when I was playing COD:WAW. The thing to keep in mind here is that these issues have occurred offline, not in MP; of course MP is going to have hit-detection issues but that's because it's all dependent on the overall Internet connection of the game-room. So, if you want more information concerning what I'm trying to talk about, read about it here:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtop ... 0&t=210328

I want to state also that I've actually only noticed these "hit-detection issues" in Zombies mode (for COD:BO). I haven’t noticed any of this in Campaign.

Before anyone flies off the handle, mentioning this doesn’t automatically mean I’m going to decide “I’m not buying Black Ops baaaaaaawwwwww,” like others have been doing lately. But at the same time this is a technical discrepancy that just seems to blow my mind for some reason. COD4 and MW2 didn’t have similar hit-detection issues. Perhaps it’s just a difference in programming between IW and Treyarch, but I don’t know that for certain either. It’s an issue I’ve been fixated with for about a year now; as good as COD:WAW & its Nazi Zombies were, and as hyped as I am about COD:BO, I just can’t help but wonder what these hit-detection issues are about....and if possible, is there anything that can be done about them, like releasing a patch later on after the game’s release?

Anyway, if I find anymore hit-detection issues, I may post them. I’m not trying to harass Treyarch or anything; I’m trying to help, even if you guys may think otherwise. As for the rest of you, don’t let this detract from your plans on buying COD:BO, please?

That's odd....why's it called a .JPG if it's actually a .GIF?...

I apologize, but because I posted it in the CODHQ, I wanted to post it here on CODZ so other could learn of this discovery I made. Again, as I said last night on CODHQ, I hope this doesn't detract you from your plans of acquiring COD:BO...and as I said, I've only seen these "hit-detection issues" in Zombies gameplay, and not Campaign.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic