Killed George in the water and he vanished with no items?

So i was just dicking around in CoD and mashing up some zombies. I got to the usual comfortable level where i have enough cash to random a few times (level 10 or so) and burn the ammo of guns i don't want on George before upgrading something that i do like. I picked up a Law and gave him a few shots, then decided to upgrade it as i recall it doing about ~3000 damage as the M72 Anarchy.

So he has almost nothing left, and i random away the law to get a Spectre. He's standing in the water more or less right where he starts from and i unload a few clips on him from the revive soda area.. he yells and goes into his dying animation as normal.

Rather than walking back off into the water, Samantha cackles "bye-bye!" at me and George zips off into the air in a fast orange blur, not leaving any weapons or random perk! I've killed him numerous times before, on water and land, and he's always left the Wunderwaffe after the first time with a perk.

Reminds me of Ascension when occasionally throwing out a black-hole mine does nothing and Samantha laughs at you.

I've poked around online but can't seem to find any other mention of this. Anyone ran into this before?

tl;dr: Killed George in the water and he disappeared leaving no items.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a random thing that happens. When he disapears without leaving the perk and Wonderwaffe, go down the ice slide and check that little body of water. When he disapears without leaving the drops, they usually wind up in that area. At least, in my experience. When your killing George, always try to do it by the light house so you have easy access to that area by the ice slide. If you don't make it in time, they'll disapear.

Since I'm usually wrong about stuff when it comes to Treyarchs future plans or past...anything...I have no problem admitting that I was wrong about where the drops end up. George disapeared without leaving drops for me several times...so the one time I killed him and it happened, I was near the slide and took it for some reason. The drops were in that body of water by the slide. That was ONE time. I'm playing it now, and George disapeared twice without leaving drops in one game. Both times I went right down the slide and looked around and...nothing. Now I know that those drops could be anywhere on the map. Probably in a body of water, but definetely not in the same place.

I also noticed that when you use the Ray Gun to kill him, this happens a lot more often. I've used a lot of weapons to kill George with and never has he disapeared without leaving a drop unless I've used the Ray Gun to kill him with. I wonder if that is significant in any way.