The best loop on Ascension

Superhands

Hey guys, I made this pic a while ago to post on another forum to demonstrate the best loop for gathering the zombies up when running "trains". I've personally done round 112 running this route before giving up, you really shouldn't go wrong if you have a Thundergun and Juggernog. Just thought I'd post it up here to see if I can help some of you guys raise that Ascension solo record! (Can also be used in co-op play of course, actually even easier cuz there's less zombies comin' at ya).

You pretty much just walk round, only sprinting when going down the long centre line, and of course if you take a few hits then sprint a little ahead of the pack to get out of trouble. Remember, ALWAYS have the Thundergun out when gathering the zombies, if you get in trouble it'll save your ass if you react quickly.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww I run it exactly as the first picture though :( and that's without ever seeing it, it's just how I naturally fell into it.

Same.

I actually prefer the spawn train. 2x faster, and if you're dragging the zombies out properly, just as safe as Flopper. I'm currently on round 83, stopping for the night on day three (it's taken a while. I have school :P ).

I've devised a trap strategy that can clear 2 hordes in 90 seconds (usually it's more like 110, but hey, still pretty damn fast). I'd like to make a thread of this with some visual representation. Super, how do you get the screenshots of the map from a bird's eye view, and what program do you use to put the paint stuff on there?

Thanks.

-perfect

PS sorry if this is poorly written. I'm incredibly tired and I think I'm seeing things. So yeah. Ok. Bye.

I'm also a fan of the spawn strategy, I don't think I'd ever run the PhD lander in solo again TBH, too slow ;)

I can get the good angles on PC using the noclip command (basically flight mode), then just use the curved line tool on Paint to draw the diagrams. If you need any screenshots Perfect, send me a PM ;)

Solid loop right there friend. I think that there is a way to optimize the point gains from this loop in the earlier rounds, but I personally prefer the PAP train to round up my zombies for points, it's just a really easy train and has a ton of cutbacks and opportunities to make moves. I rarely ever get trapped in there. The platform is just a bit too slow at this point in time, now that we've really optimized the strategies for all the maps.

I can get the good angles on PC using the noclip command (basically flight mode), then just use the curved line tool on Paint to draw the diagrams. If you need any screenshots Perfect, send me a PM ;)

I definitely would, but it's a spawn control strategy not unlike VsualVenom's Nacht strat, so it requires a LOT of pics. I guess I'll just wait until I get the right cord for my HDPVR.

Thanks though!