Tom's Speed Guide

Hello. I made a speed run guide, showing a full gameplay speed run on Ascension. I've tried to keep all the tips in general, so that you can adapt this strategy for other maps.

The speed run is not executed perfectly, so that you can actually set it as your challenge, to make this even faster.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Jon with the editing and commentary.

Viewers can visibly see the effort put forth for your videos in addition to the 40+ minutes each.

I have no problem with the length but 15s are easier to go back to certain sections.

I thought the language was somewhat toned down. I enjoyed the "shit" and "crap" from the looping guides, even for my teenage son.

Some captions were tough to see though.

EXCELLENT video, Tom. A few of these things I don't quite agree on, but I'm glad I have this video to watch tonight! It's gonna be my pal as I sift through the mountain of homework I have! :D

The art of the speed run has always been undervalued. You have to adopt a philosophy in which you must believe that every second that passes is a second more of boredom you must endure on high rounds, and I think, on high rounds at least, we could all benefit from some of your tips in one way or another. Again, excellent video! [brains]

How could it even take you 9 hours to get to 38?!?!?! That would probably put me at about 60 on five. I really think I should make a video on how to get to high rounds fast.

There are plenty of videos out there dude, and guides on this site.

Then there is the fact that not everyone has the ability or confidence to do some of the co-op strats, regardless of how easy we may find them.

I rest my case. Thanks Tom.

A few of these things I don't quite agree on

I'm really curious, where do you not agree??

I'm kinda very self-confident, that I have very awesome arguments to decline your disagreement : O

Well, I just got done with it, and I just don't agree on the drop thing. I know we've already been over this, but I just cannot will myself to get nukes on round two with 8+ zombies left. I understand that it's a speed run, but if you ran to the sickle room down 750+ points, wouldn't it, in theory, actually slow you down?

That's just me though. Like Jay said, the grey was a bit tough to see on the black-and-white, but other than that, your video was about as flawless as it comes.

And I saw what you did with that hidden text. lulz.

For some reason it is super rare, that you cannot afford the sickle at the end of round 5. Of course, you wanna go for headies with the M14. As also said, go for some few knife finishes with the headless at 3.

I seriously had no probs with the points. I think only in one run I couldn't afford the sickle, but just restarted there, and in the other 10 runs it was np.

In case you don't have enough points for the Ray from the box, just try to do something with your AR or LMG you got, otherwise as said "Evil Box = Restart".

I just want to point out that going for box or sickle mid round can be a bit risky at times depending on ones skill level. So do it only if you think you can come out alive. Specially for sickle by speed cola can be tricky and if you go down after a perfect start, it can mess your game. But that's a minor thing. Everything else in the video is absolutely GREAT.

Genius. [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains]