Spawn speeds

Yo yo yo, I'm trying to work something out and I'm struggling, so I'm asking all CODZ for help.

Max spawn speed is from round 48 and upwards. We know from all the maps that 22/23 seconds is the absolute fastest that anyone can get a hoard, anywhere.

My question is more specific. After how long do you estimate that all zombies are spawned into their assigned locations.

Ie, if you were to time it, and were doing spawn control past level 50 how long would you need to stay in an area to ensure they are all spawned in?

Brain, brains, brains for answers! I'm struggling to find a way to test this ingame somehow. For a start level 50 testing is not normally the most fun sans Thunder ;)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think it would be about 10-20 seconds depending on the map and location. But to actually test it would pretty difficult the only way I can think of doing it would be to kill a horde then go into no clip and watch the spawns from above. Good question, I would love to know how long you would have to wait on kino till you could go to next trap?

5and5, he's more specifically talking about what the time difference is between the first zombie of the group spawning from the ground and the last on of the group. The difference is probably about 2-3 seconds, absolute max 5. They start to spawn in one big clump at 40+ so it's almost as if you kill them in one area and they all spawn in that area.

Agree with SuperHands. They all spawn together if you are in their spawn vicinity. I am not sure about the exact round when this happens. Its been a while I did high rounds. But 40 looks more like it. You can test this as you go chopper. But If you are staying in a location where there are multiple spawn points far away from you it is hard to tell. Eg: Lander area in Ascension.

If you are in AK with cave door closed (s-la) I am sure they must spawn in less than 3 seconds past round 40-50 like Super said. It might take about 10-12 seconds for you to horde them up.

Ok thanks guys. The big problem with Shang is that the AK door closed is super super fast, but between 25 and 35 it's so difficult I could cry.

Literally, up to 25 I find it easy, but then past there is a funny time and things become a little hectic to say the least. I really want to try it past 40.

And for some reason with the tunnel shut, if you stay at AK they will not spawn at the windows where the M16 is, but they will from the big drop in the area.

With the tunnel shut it's really good, but if PAP goes there you are in trouble.

It seems that past 40 if they spawn within 5 seconds you could just stay at AK for 5 seconds and then head to power, but that roof drop makes this slightly risky if 3 have spawned there.

I knew that its risky to stay their in mid - high rounds :) The spawn is very very tricky and it looks like they are fully spawned but there is always that 1 or 2 late zombies that can surprise you ruin your game.

Why don't you try by power room or starting room till 35. I have done that before. Just start by the window by the power switch and spike-mores with the m16 door closed Just a thought. And after that you can move to AK. You can live without box till 40 but It's hard. See if the box has spawned in a different location that AK and go for it. you can also try starting room but it gets ishy and spawns are not as fast.

I dont know what i was thinking 20 seconds for them to spawn... You guys are right like 5 seconds to spawn and maybe like 10 till they are all out of the windows. Anyways for getting to 40+ so you can try the ak, you could use spawn as way2go said. In my opinion its the safest way of playing shang besides running the map.

I dont know what i was thinking 20 seconds for them to spawn... You guys are right like 5 seconds to spawn and maybe like 10 till they are all out of the windows. Anyways for getting to 40+ so you can try the ak, you could use spawn as way2go said. In my opinion its the safest way of playing shang besides running the map.

Sorry, I was talking about zombie spawn and not the spawn room. But I think spawn room works as well. But again mid rounds would get very tricky because they don't come out at full speed and one or two zombies will surprise trap you.

I know mate, my biggest problem is I seem to have an unability within me to take the safe option.

I know I can do the AK, so I'm going to ;) Tried twice and messed up a lot, each time between 25 and 35. Then 3rd game did it until 36, had a break and went down!

I will get past 40 tomorrow in this stupid area, and then work on the spawn control :D

If past 40 the spawns are set within 5 I know for sure I can easily get to power from AK regardless of spawn from the M16.

Then it's how quick I can find a way to reverse them.

5and5 - check your PM ;)

It would work better on solo depending on how good you run it. For example I think I could get like a 70 or something on co-op with no downs running this strategy. So if you arent going to really ever die anyways then it would be very good to do on solo. The thing about the semtex strategy is you are doing almost exactly the same thing EVERY spawn! They all come from one direction and maybe one or two from the windows at the ak every time.

It would work better on solo depending on how good you run it. For example I think I could get like a 70 or something on co-op with no downs running this strategy. So if you arent going to really ever die anyways then it would be very good to do on solo. The thing about the semtex strategy is you are doing almost exactly the same thing EVERY spawn! They all come from one direction and maybe one or two from the windows at the ak every time.

I do kinda see your point on this yeti.

Tom said this yesterday - someone getting to 100 in there on solo would be a masterpiece.

I couldn't agree more, I believe you have gotten to 70 with no downs but 100 is close to double that time.

I actually didnt get to 70 with no downs there I was saying I probably could if I tried again. But I actually though of a better, safer, and almost same speed way to do the semtex strategy on solo. I will give it a try soon and post a video here. ;) Also 70 on co-op is about like 90 on solo. I still think I could make it to 100 running the semtex and might challenge myself to try sometime but I dont know how much farther I could go after that.