Evolution of the maps

Getting ready to head over to the big Apple for a Yankee game and NYC auto show, I am as anxious as a little kid in the candy store. Although the thought of being in the vehicle with my wife for six hours is more frightening than The Ring, The Exorcist, and Jaws combined.

The Nazi zombies was originally developed as the opening act to the COD series, with the success Treyarch made many changes and additions to please the general public. With each new map we see new ideas and inventions that are attractive to new gamers but still entertaining for the hardcore players. Some of the creations are major, setting the tone for future maps. I bet few would argue that jug and PAP are the the two best additions since Nacht Der untoten. Some love the evolution of wonder weapons, myself not among that group. For me the creativity of the wonder weapons have spun out of control, greatly effect the core concept of the entertainment value for me. Even without wonder weapons Kino and Ascension are easy enough, with thunder gun I find them more boring than my wife.

I understand why many people hate my favorite map Five. After playing Kino Five would be an adjustment. But unless you are good enough to camp in the basement or top floor by yourself, Five requires more than just run around in circles doing head shots. Why play co-op if you plan on running in circles by yourself with thunder gun?

I played Ascension and Moon no more than ten times before I scream refund, although I love NML and the wave gun was cool. The casual gamers will love the easier maps, but for me they are boring. Moon is too complex and intricate it is beyond boring.

On this site many people express their ideas and anticipation for the next game. My call is to focus more on correcting their game development mistakes in the past(hacker, freezing....etc), instead of adding new creations on top.

Happy Saturday CODZ

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What one calls a mistake, is the other player's most favorite feature... Let's do not forget this.

I like the new Black Ops Maps a lot. First of all, there is this massive versatility. No map is just a little like the other. Indoor - outdoor - day - night - easy - hard - greyish - whiteish - greenish etc. It's awesome. The best what 3arc could have done. There is a map style for everyone.

The best development is for me the more and more upcoming interactive features. The map is not just static. There are devices moving around, but also lots of different devices that you can use to move yourself. The shangri monkeys and so on... The hacker was probably the highlight of those interactive elements, since it made a lot known 'statics' suddenly to cool 'interactives'.

I'm probably a guy, that will always admire new features. If it's a gun, a nade, or just something in the map, I'll like it.

What I think was a mistake, was to add Mule to all maps. It's never good to make changes in old, approved things.