Quantification of strategy

Hi everyone who likes zombie mode,

There are a lot of strategies for each map. Recently I have considered whether a quantification of efficiency of each strategy can be performed. First, I thought of strategies for maps with some traps. The strategies have a cycle. For example, zombies are aggregated and killed using a trap. This cycle is repeated until end of each round. By the way I’ll also think of maps without traps.

I thought of following 3 parameters for such strategies with the cycle.

1. Time per 1 cycle. This is shown as s/cycle.

2. Number of kills per 1 cycle. This is shown as kill/cycle.

3. Number of kills per unit time. This is shown as kill/s. This is the efficiency of kill.

I think that No.3 is the efficiency of kill. This parameter can decide a rank of each strategy. At this time, I don’t include round of Hellhound, thief and monkey for the efficiency of kill. Because such round has no normal zombies.

When above 3 parameters are applied to 4 sample strategies, the result is as follows. Following table shows s/cycle, kill/cycle and kill/s for 4 sample strategies.

Map Time per 1 cycle(s/cycle) Number of kills per 1 cycle(kill/cycle) Efficiency of kill(kill/s) Strategy
Kino Der Toten 150 126.8 0.84

0mpLSD7-CXQ
Der Riese 106 67.6 0.63 TdTkCrGs3NQ
Ascension 151 79.6 0.52 Iw9OY5Hnwgo
Five 72 23.1 0.32 LFAoKiVHYH8

These results were measured at R50. From this table, it can be considered that the strategy of kino der toten has the highest efficiency of the 4. In the strategy of Der Riese, as a charge time of trap is very short which is 25s. the efficiency of kill is higher than that of Ascension although the number of kills per 1 cycle is fewer than that at Ascension. In the strategy of Five, only less than 24 zombies can be killed in 1 cycle of strategy. This indicates that the efficiency of trap in that strategy is bad.

I think that these values indicate not only the efficiency of strategy, but also the feature for each map. I would like to investigate about other maps and various strategies.

By the way, now I'm making a software for zombie mode. The platform is Google Chrome. The software can measure the efficiency of kill, round time and calculate end time using a future prediction. I have used my original theory to calculate the future prediction. This software can be used by only 1 clicking start and end buttons at start and end of round. The software can make a graph automatically like this. I'll publish it when it completed. Everyone will use it.

If this has already been reported, I’m sorry for it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it, but remember the efficency of a tactic is dependant on the player, not only their skill or how use they are to a tactic/map, but a player who has certain traits i.e. good reactions or conservative with ammo may find one tactic easier and may be more efficient on it than another. I just wanted to throw that in there as it is a variable that will effect your attempts at quantification very badly :P

Of course there are simple solutions out there, I can think of perhaps categorising the type of player, but that again creates problems with what to make as the variables :P

Then there are so many other things, like you said, round time, as some people don't have all day to round up. I remember getting to round 40 on Ascension took me from 7am to 2pm :mrgreen:

I love it, but remember the efficency of a tactic is dependant on the player, not only their skill or how use they are to a tactic/map, but a player who has certain traits i.e. good reactions or conservative with ammo may find one tactic easier and may be more efficient on it than another. I just wanted to throw that in there as it is a variable that will effect your attempts at quantification very badly :P

Of course there are simple solutions out there, I can think of perhaps categorising the type of player, but that again creates problems with what to make as the variables :P

Then there are so many other things, like you said, round time, as some people don't have all day to round up. I remember getting to round 40 on Ascension took me from 7am to 2pm :mrgreen:

Thank you for your comments. Yes. The efficiency depends on the players as you say. So I think that this consideration can be used for evaluating strategies rather than the player. I think that as the evaluation is average efficiency, the fate for ammo and some downs will be included. I have thought that I would like to apply a light to the evaluation of strategies.