~The "Nightmare on Elm Street" Connection~

Some of you may recall my back to the future thread from a while ago. Well, I noticed a few possible connections with the NoES series.

Firstly, until Friday, I had only ever seen the first of all of the NoES series. But then I saw the finale called "Freddy's Dead: the final nightmare". I immediately noticed a few connections with zombies in this specific title. these are I bit more theory-based than factual, unlike the BttF thread. However, they should not go completely unnoticed.

Firstly, for those of you who don't know, "Nightmare on elm street" is a horror movie series based on the idea that there was a murderer named Freddy Kruger, who was killed by a group of vigilantes (concerned neighborhood parents). So he then returns to haunt the dreams of those peoples' children, where killing them in the dream kills them in real life. He proceeds to mentally and physically torture all of them. His signature is that he wears a glove fitted with razors for fingers.

Anyway, in the beginning of "Freddy's Dead", there was a classic nightmare sequence. The boy in the dream approaches a ticket vendor's stand in a desert area. The creepy man slides him a ticket, revealing that the man is in fact wearing Freddy's glove. The boy hesitates. The man looks him in the eye and says "well hurry up boy! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THE BUS! AHAHAHAA!!!" then the boy backs away into the street where Freddy Kruger runs him over with an old-fashioned bus.

Here's a video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AIrxfbXQSYo

I can't help but think that the Similar looking bus, the line from the vendor, and the desert itself could have some connection with one of the sub-sections of tranZit. Anyway, moving on.

The main setting of Freddy's Dead is in a "cabin in the woods" type place, only a little more farm-ish. This entire area is situated near a large desert, where some other parts of the plot take place. These are both area types we've seen showcased for BOII. this may be a bit of a stretch, but still worth pointing out.

I noticed that in the beginning of the trailer they have added "drug use" to the "Rated M" warnings for the game. A specific scene from Freddy's dead jumps out at me. A kid smokes weed in front of a TV and gets pulled into it. Psychedelic lights flash and trippy 8-bit music blasts as he enters a video game nightmare world controlled by Freddy, wielding a razor-fitted NES power glove.

Here is a video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3i2h1GcqXx0

I know, right? WTF?!?! But still, I have played games on the Internet based on this scene and the games featured in it. These games include one where you run from Freddy in a locker room while dodging him as he tries to whip you with a towel. Yeah, it's a really ridiculous scene for a horror movie. Honestly it seems like it would be worthy of inclusion in a massive Easter egg in some form. It explains the drug use, and might tie in to my big theory which you'll see in a moment.

There is also the obvious connection of Robert Englund playing the role of Freddy.

Anyway, what with the BTTF connection, and a possible connection here AND a connection to "the hills have eyes" (as shown in a different thread), I think the initial area of the Easter egg we will be getting (not the tower of babble, a seperate one) will revolve around various motion pictures. Perhaps each section of tranzit could be a nod towards a certain movie.

for example, there could be a desert area based on the hills have eyes, an actual wrecked suburban area set in "Elm street", near the clock tower in back to the future, maybe a tunnel system resembling the underworld from hellraiser, a forest from Friday the 13th, the farm from "the pet cemetery" and so on and so forth.

You may think it is far-fetched, but If people here have been making connections to multiple movies, I see no reason to discount the possibility of this being a CoTD style map, a rag-tag team of horror movies combined. As I said before, this is less solid than other theories, but if you tie it in with the others the possibility doesn't seem too far off.

Peace.

-EJ

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic