Here's a fun idea...

Hey CoDz,

After watching some random videos yesterday of easter eggs and the good 'ol days of having games with cheat codes, I got to thinking how we could bring some of that light to the world of zombies. Sure, we have the big story-driven EE that are the most anticipated we've all been following, but I was actually a bigger fan of also unwinding bits and pieces found throughout the map. I LOVED going on hunts with buddies in the WaW days and getting excited everytime we found a radio or legible sketch or writing somewhere. Der Riese was the prime example of that.

Anyways, I think it would be cool if they did those again kicked it up a notch and intertwined these with the rewards they like to give out at the end of EE's. For example, I've had this idea floating in my head lately of having "mini quests/objectives" in addition to the main EE. These "quests" would be triggered by finding these clues or items around the map and are random each time you play. These objectives would be no easy matter too, and could get pretty specific, but it would be fun to unravel these secrets with absoultely nothing in the game that hints towards them.

So, picture this as an idea. You play the game as normal, and there's the big EE to solve. But say, you're playing and you come across some old journal that has some notes written in it. Much like the Field Ops Manual, and multiple journal notes are spread around with some plan or discovery they had. Each note never points to anything specific and keeps you thinking, and finding all pages are essential for unlocking the next steps and spawning new journal entries. No two are alike, and are cleverly hidden, say, in a stack of papers that you knock off the table perhaps? A specific book in a book shelf that can be removed?

The further along you get, the more challenging it gets but eventually come down to a point where after you've solved the mini puzzles that are more in tune with the maps environment, you're granted some kind of award in doing so. Could just be a new permanent perk, or something more. But I always wanted to have something for finding these smaller EE's, and for them to be more interactive, especially if they relate to what's going on anyways.

One idea I had specifically was completing these mini quests to unveil a hidden room with all the components to build a classic wonder weapon from Blops or WaW. Or even replace all the wall weapons with WaW weapons or something.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombies + Slender = SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I always liked the der riese "treasure hunt" feel, which I was disappointed in the loss of in green run. It would be cool to assemble pieces of a whole like a journal to find a clue. There are countless examples of this through video games, and in my opinion several arbitrary side quests would make it a more immersive experience to play. Devs bragged about all the areas to EXPLORE in tranzit, but I felt this more in der riese than I ever felt in black ops or black ops 2 so far. Anyway, you get my point. I love this.

Only 2 replies? C'mon

One idea I had specifically was completing these mini quests to unveil a hidden room with all the components to build a classic wonder weapon from Blops or WaW. Or even replace all the wall weapons with WaW weapons or something.

I really like these ideas Undead.

A Room that opens up for cheaper Perks, cheaper mystery box spins, or even more storyline intel? But is only open for a certain amount of time as to not effect game mechanics to much.

Or unlocks different Wall weapons. Brilliant

And this would be a great idea and would be awesome to have confirmed storyline evidence.

It would be cool to assemble pieces of a whole like a journal to find a clue.

You gather a number of pages, then Pack-a-Punch them, which turns it into a storyline book.

Even though I would possibly like a cutscene, it would be awesome to have storyline evidence which is always available on the menu screen, much like the campaign intel is

That's better. :P

Speaking of perks, it would be even more interesting and extreme if you stumbled upon some mystery perk that was basically something completely random after unveiling some kind of secret room or something after these mini quests. Have it cost something ridiculous too, say, 50,000 points and it could randomly enable one of the following settings for that game:

- Expert mode

- All Perks

- Golden Guns

- Original Characters

- Classic weapons

- Headless zombies

- Takeo's katana

- Play as Samantha

- Disable perks

- Pistols only

- Death machine

- Unlimited grenades

- +50,000 points

- Discounted items

- Napalm zombies

- Nova zombies

- Monkeys

- Hellhounds

- Sprinters

And more! And it would only choose ONE. And what would be the fun in it if it didn't have a chance to pick something more challenging than rewarding? ;)