Discussion about Great Leap Forward's meaning

JustForFun119

As many people now know, the words 'Great Leap Forward' appeared in the leaderboard of Zombies for the upcoming map - Die Rise.

Here is what I instantly think about. There is two zombies map now, and one upcoming. Green Run and Nuketown Zombies are those available at instance, and Die Rise will be release later. However, the leaderboard writes Green Run for TranZit. I think that TranZit is the so called 'gamemode' because it features a ongoing bus event in the map as the core map feature. My guess is that Great Leap Forward does not only refers to Die Rise being set in China, it also suggests some kind of 'gamemode' for that map. I think that it is how players travel/traverse in the map, maybe going from one building to another, as we have seen the colliding building in the trailer for Revolution map pack.

This may not be true, so I would like to start this discussion to see how do you guys think about it. Leave your comments if you think of just anything......

_____________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:

More info!

"...and usually pieces of the building break in such a way that you can leap between sections." :D

"A ton of parts are scattered about the building, though my team and I never managed to find a work bench." :shock:

Still, what do you think?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Leaderboards say Green Run (the Map) for TranZit (the gamemode).

The Leaderboards say Great Leap Forward (the Map if the pattern continues) for Die Rise (the "gamemode")

I would say you are right, what the Leaderboards say is what the Map is and the categories in the Map are the Gamemodes.

Its quite obvious really yet a clever move by teyarch.

Green run is the map yet tranzit is used overall as its major feature is being in transit ie the bus.

Die rise is used over all as the theme is high rise skyscrapers. I think it gives it depth and allows more game modes as its not constricted by one name

The "theme" as treyarch kept on pushing before blops 2 was released really was what they meant. Looking forward to the die rise theme and all future map packs. Nice work Treyarch i must say