Memory Theory

Olin115

A small theory I have in my head right now, has to do with the possibility

of our group of survivors having short term memory loss. If you listen to the TV easter egg,

the CDC scientist speaks about some of the symptoms of people with the infection.

And one of those symptoms is short term memory loss. Now if you watch the animated opening,

at the end the team is transported back to the spawning room of Die Rise.

Samuel then asks "Have we been here before?" I'm not sure whether to take this as

sarcasm or not. However this supports other theories of Richtofen being able to bring them back to life.

Perhaps they're losing their short term memory every time he respawns them?

Remember, this is just a theory. Give me any feedback to help support or disprove this.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume it is Treyarch trying to make reason out of us dying over and over. Just blurring the lines between the reality of 'it is a game, you die, restart' and the story 'it is real; you die and reappear at the begining of the adventure due to supernatural intervention'.

I think the solo cut scene explains it all.. Our crew made it to China.. Forget anything you know besides that.. Once Russman was attacked and killed, Richtofen teleported them back in time, to Green Run.. That is why they have Deja Vu there.. They've been there before.. After that they travel to Province 22 AGAIN, where our Die Rise map starts off, what seems to them like the first time they've been there, but they have Deja Vu still.. Cause they have been there before..

The purple flash on the opening scene shows them traveling BACK to the USA.. Then the purple flash takes them to Die Rise's starting room..

• Administrators

I think the solo cut scene explains it all.. Our crew made it to China.. Forget anything you know besides that.. Once Russman was attacked and killed, Richtofen teleported them back in time, to Green Run.. That is why they have Deja Vu there.. They've been there before.. After that they travel to Province 22 AGAIN, where our Die Rise map starts off, what seems to them like the first time they've been there, but they have Deja Vu still.. Cause they have been there before..

The purple flash on the opening scene shows them traveling BACK to the USA.. Then the purple flash takes them to Die Rise's starting room..

Traveling BACK to Green Run, hence it being where we first begin our adventure and then return to China to redo everything? I actually think that's a unique and rather plausible concept. I know I was one of the few that did not believe Richtofen has the supernatural power to suddenly reverse the flow of time just so the crew could successfully accomplish his set of tasks, but it makes the best sense at the moment. Although, isn't it Samuel that only speaks of déjà-vu?

As for the broadcasts, the CDC member accurately describes the symptoms of those who survived the outbreak, to which Samuel (if you play as him) counters rather weakly to defend himself. Something along the lines of the symptoms possibly happening to anyone really rather than a prime suspect like him. Al the characteristics listed perfectly describe Samuel J. Stuhlinger. Remember: they should not be trusted. ;)