Die Rise Ending Sounds Speculation/Ideas

EricMaynard

I'm sure if any of you have played Die Rise even once, or for that matter watched any footage, you've probably heard the weird noise we get at the ending rather than a song. This has only happened in one other map, Moon, and that was the end of Season 1.

In case you haven't, check out my good buddy Reed's video he has of it. He plays the sound a few times.

Anyway, I wanted to get some of my ideas out there, and see what yours were. This noise, to me, sounds like quite a few different things.

1: Heavy footsteps, leading up to a cage being opened/closed.

That leads me to think of our good friend, the Cosmic Silverback. I feel like Treyarch put WAAAAYY to much detail into the model to only use it in Dead Ops.

Mind you, he was also mentioned on a magazine in Five.

2: Now this one is a little off the wall, but stay with me here. With the patch of the Maxis Diary Entry talking about Richtofen's experiments pre-WaW, I also kind of got the feeling that this could be the sound of him closing Maxis and Samantha into the teleporter at Der Reise.

3: This one honestly just popped into my head as I was writing this, but what if the sound is more metaphorical? Just like we made a big move on Moon putting Richtofen in control, perhaps the lack of a song here is showing us we made another BIG decision. In the Die Rise EE, you are actually forced to choose between Richtofen and Maxis. Once you reach a certain step, one EE being completed prevents the other. So maybe the door being closed signifies that we had closed the door on one of their fates, we had just chosen the loser.

I honestly don't know here, but if anyone else has really looked into it, I'd love to know more.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

nice thread there Eric, I like the way you present your information - and the pictures help greatly. I must say though - this thread already exists and has had quite a few responses - I'd suggest moving your post* into the thread below so that you can get an optimal response (also to avoid duplicates):

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28932

*it's your call though.

also...

check out my good buddy Reed's video he has of it.

do you really know Radaustins27? If so, please tell him he's the man - and he's one of the only few members of the Z YT community that I really watch videos from. Well mannered, well versed - and all around just a regular guy that you can really relate to. I dig that.

if you were just saying "buddy" in general, well then - disregard my tidings :mrgreen: (but good taste in commentators, my friend)

nice thread there Eric, I like the way you present your information - and the pictures help greatly. I must say though - this thread already exists and has had quite a few responses - I'd suggest moving your post* into the thread below so that you can get an optimal response (also to avoid duplicates):

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28932

*it's your call though.

also...

check out my good buddy Reed's video he has of it.

do you really know Radaustins27? If so, please tell him he's the man - and he's one of the only few members of the Z YT community that I really watch videos from. Well mannered, well versed - and all around just a regular guy that you can really relate to. I dig that.

if you were just saying "buddy" in general, well then - disregard my tidings :mrgreen: (but good taste in commentators, my friend)

Okay, Grill, I'm new here so you may have to help me in moving my post, because I'd like to get some good responses.

And to answer your second question, yes, I have talked to Reed and would consider him a good friend. :D

no worries Eric. and welcome to the forum BTW.

i'd suggest you simply "quote" yourself, and then copy and paste the content into a response on that thread. (In the top right of your thread, there should be a "quote" button)

once you are sure your response came through, you can delete your old thread in the Asylum (there is an "x" button in the top right near the "quote" button - or msg a mod to lock/delete it.

that's awesome you've chatted with Rad. i'd love to jam a game with him at some point.