Elevator Explosions

nockscitney

Hey Guys,

So after finally getting my hands on Die Rise, I played it for a while last night to (try and) get familiar with the layout. After a couple of games I decided to get a few of the Achievements. First I got Facing The Dragon, Then The sliquifier one and then finally I went for Round 10 with no Power and Slinging the Zombies in the same run.

I opened the door from Spawn and then used the lift to build the Trample steam. I then opened the Escalator debris, placed the trample steam on the gold Zombie icon (that you use to fling zombies into the tower as part of EE) and then held the barrier opposite so I could take any zombies coming down the corridor by the lift and occasionally turn round to take any zombies breaking the barrier behind me.

Now I'm not sure that it happened every round, will have to go and check the video later, but I kept hearing an explosion coming from the elevator where Quick Revive resides in Solo, as well as seeing some sort of smoke coming from it, indicating the explosion.

I did a quick look on the forum but couldn't see anything about it so just thought I'd ask if anyone knows what it is, whether it's just an environmental effect or something more?

BTW - the spot I picked to get the last two achievements is a good easy spot to hold up at for anyone trying for the achievements together.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The explosion is a zombie on the elevator as it goes to the top.. Dying..

Make sure you don't ride it all the way to the top, or you'll be in the same boat.. Dying..

Yeah I've seen NGTZ's attempts at riding elevators all the way to the top and failing.

Thanks for clearing that one up for me :)

zombies will always explode if they are climbing onto the elevator(the side spawn) when the elevator moves, if trying to climb up out of the elevator when moving or like the guy above said, if it blows up from going all the way to the top. This does not permanetly kill that zombie unless u put damage into him/her. So the zombie will respawn sooner or later.