~Death Screen Music~

Ever since the beginning, the instrumentals that play on the game over screen on each map is a clip from the Easter egg song on the next map. For example when you die on Kino, a piece of instrumental plays from "Abracadavre", the ascension Easter egg song. When you die on Nacht der Untoten the intro to "Lullaby of a Deadman", the Verrückt Easter egg song plays.

Oh yeah, there is one exception. Moon has no music on the death screen, but that is likely because they simply hadn't written the song for green run yet because it was in the transition to BOII. But that's not what I'm concerned about here.

Well the instrumentals that play when you die on green run aren't heard in Die Rise / Great Leap Forward, are they?

Take a listen.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YzJmx5PKXZ4

Also is there even music at the end of Die Rise / GLF? It just sounds like someone locking a gate. :mrgreen:

So are they abandoning this idea, or could it possibly have deeper meaning?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that they didn't have music at the end of Moon because:

1. It signified the end of zombies

2. It was the end of the story for the O4.

Seeing as 1 is wrong, that only leaves my theory of 2. I really don't know what other deeper theory we could come up with that would explain the lack of music.

I figured that they didn't have music at the end of Moon because:

1. It signified the end of zombies

2. It was the end of the story for the O4.

Seeing as 1 is wrong, that only leaves my theory of 2. I really don't know what other deeper theory we could come up with that would explain the lack of music.

I don't mean in moon, I mean in the black ops 2 maps. I already addressed that. I mean that the death music in black ops 2 doesn't correspond to the next map, like It did in the past.