An in-depth hypotheses on Purgatory/Afterlife mode and stuff

So I decided that I couldn't find a nice little theory on purgatory mode and the things we weren't told on the Behind the Scenes video on Mob Of The Dead. So I'm gonna post some of my findings, thoughts and theory's on the matter, right here. So. lets begin!

Purgatory.

I'm going to assume that this logo/symbol is to represent purgatory/afterlife mode on across the board. Seen here on the "escape plan"

and here at the start of the map

Which leads me to the next part. Notice that the right of the symbol has began to fade, and in the video its self it is seen depleting over time. This leads me to believe that we wont be able to run around in purgatory forever (a granted if you ask me :lol: ) I also believe that there is no unlimited amount of purgatory uses (granted, again :lol: ) but we do have a limit! Seen here, is 3 different values next to the "purga-eye" It leads me to believe that we can gain purga-uses over the course of time maybe by easter egg progression, or certain locations.

Now what did I mean by "certain locations" well, as I've stated this is simply theory. Here, on this guard-tower is 2 "purga-eye" symbols. This can, mean that here is a place that you'll need to use a purga-use up for some reason or another, or it could mean that there is a way to get another purga-use.

and what did I mean by "limit"? well... Seen here on the "escape plan" there is this little gem

Seen in the lower left, depicts a "ghost" leaving a body with the quote "A Cat has 9 lives" this for me stood out as a metaphor to the limit. 9 seems like a fair amount of Purga-uses if you ask me, it's not too much and not too little and would probably be a challenge reaching 9 in the first place! But lets break this picture down shall we? Notice the guard tower behind the departing ghost image, similar to the ones we seen with the purga-eyes logo. Also, we know that the guard towers play some part in the map as revealed in a leaked description of the Uprising DLC. Here we can also see some plane designs and parts!

Now what about some uses of Purgatory/Afterlife? As far as i'm lead to believe a definite is that it can turn on the power. but I have an argument, a possibility could be there is no central power switch on Mob Of The Dead (however I personally disagree with this, but I'll come back to this) but rather numerous power "nodes" seen here next to Speed Reload:

Here, next too Electric Cherry:

and here, demonstrating the nodes being powered directly whilst in Purgatory/Afterlife mode.

Now those nodes next to the perks lead me too another feature. This Big Daddy-esque Boss Zombie whom, for lack of using Bioshock references, I'll call the "Charger" or "Riot" Zombie. He has been stated to turn OFF perk machines. Now I for one believe there will be a central power switch but there is a punishment sort of thing going on with Mr Bubbles here. Flick the switch and power up the island, but if at any point he does and I quote "lockdown" your perk machines, this may require you to use up a purga-use and reactivate aforesaid machine!

Another use I believe is a "who's who?" sorta thing

Here, is a picture, notice the way point hovering next to the downed character? I believe that with this and the timing/charge feature that you may be able to save yourself, granted you get there in time! outta time, and you go straight to the spectator mode :(

Another feature I have a hunch on is access to otherwise, inaccessible areas! In the BTS video, this door gives off an odd ominous glow.

I believe you may be able to access this room whilst in purgatory mode. I must also state that notice the lock is glowing blue and the 1st step is to secure the warden's key. We're also told we can see clues in purgatory mode to help us. So I'm guessing the wardens key opens here. Also scroll up to the picture of the "Charger zombie" notice on the top left that there is what I believe the new form of item display. The key is seen up on the top left along side this? Ideas anyone?

So I'm gonna wrap it up on that note guys, thanks for reading if you did and leave your ideas bellow! But one last thing.

Check out spikey over here... Anyone else thinking this guy has some proximity issues, get to close, and you'll take damage?

Thanks again, Ciao.

Delta.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days