Rank theory, hash marks and how you play NOW

This is my first thread started here, longtime reader, small commentor, but I believe this theory could hold some weight.

Here it goes....

I'm working on a theory now where the hash marks actually keep track of your average, best, or worst games for the five days noted. Example : the first 5 days of Tranzit I played average, took a lot downs f'n around with the EE and such so my average was blah. Since then I have missed one day tops (never two in a row) so no matter how much I made my stats better my rank never changed. Because (in theory) my first 4 hash marks were attached to my first 4 days playing. No matter how well I did for that fifth mark the average could not be lifted enough to raise in rank. So I took five full days off to erase those hash marks. Today was my first day back played one game and went 675 kills and 1 down, round 22. I will be playing a multiplayer game later this evening to better my rounds and revives (zero since it was solo). I hope to play at a high level these next 4 days and see if rank changes. I believe this may work because of all the people who play pretty mic daily and are stuck on rank and all the varying stats for people with same rank. Plus the tweet where jimmy Z said rank is based on how your playing right now. Here's hoping I cracked the ranking system.

Obviously not holding my breath, never seen it mentioned but we'll see in 4 days.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just to be clear, I'm not saying every body has to wait five days. I'm saying the hash marks save the day of the original hash mark.

So if I play mon, tues, wed, thurs, fri.

Mon-thurs play shotgun/ knife like

Fri play bone like

Average would most likely be knife.

Take sat off that would erase my hash mark from Friday.

Play Sunday shotgun like and that would/ could bring the avg up to shotgun.

Again just a theory. Figured I'd share.

Only after you have let your hash marks reset to zero. Read the first response. I kinda cleared it up.

Anyway just a theory.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you (quite possible) I don't think this is the case because Jimmy Z said it is possible to rank up twice in one day (yes, he actually gave a straight answer to a question one time.... pretty sure an ice cube formed in hell that day). If you needed to work for 5 days to rank up then that would be impossible.

Not necessarily. What I am saying is each hash mark takes into account either your Best game, worst game, or average of all games for that day.

So say I play mon, tues, wed, thurs like a knife.

Friday I have an awful day and play like a bone.

The average should come out to a skull.

I take Saturday off. That erases ONLY Fridays bad day/ hash mark.

Sunday I play knife like again.

My theory is that you should change to a knife. Because you took that bad day/hash mark off.

Now, if you bad day had been Monday, you would need to take the full five days off to erase that bad day.

Today is my second day since I washed away my hash marks. So ill have some data to work with tomorrow, and I'm thinking if you make your averages (or best or worst games) good enough you could rank up twice in a day. Like I said just a thought, I hope I am explaining it the way I mean it..lol

Cool theory, but unfortunately Jimmy Z has clearly explained that the tallies indicate "Dedication" aka how often you play, and the rank emblem indicates skill.

of course he also says its a recent games determination which i believe to be a load of BS so who knows really lol :lol:

Thanks for the feedback. Ya, I figured maybe because he also said it takes "dedication" to rank up, so just throwing out there. Ill know for sure in a few days and get back to us to see if I've made any progress. (Not holding breath).

LOL thanks again for the feedback.