Lets Talk BO6 Zombies

Since I've last posted, we've gotten a TON of new information on Black Ops 6 zombies, I'll quickly list them...

-Terminus Cinematic (August 6th)

-Terminus Gameplay reveal + huge blog post going in depth on the gameplay of BO6 zombies (August 8th)

-Liberty Falls Cinematic (August 23rd)

-Liberty Falls trailer revealed during COD NEXT (August 28th)

Everything was looking great! People were super hyped for the return of round based zombies. Terminus looked like a truly awesome map and the Liberty Falls cutscene was one of the best we've ever seen for the mode. But when the main trailer for Liberty Falls dropped, and we saw lots of gameplay from content creators at COD next, the way everybody looked at BO6 zombies was completely flipped on it's head!

I first saw the trailer and thought it looked pretty cool, then I noticed almost everybody complain about how

the map looks bland,

like multiplayer,

lifeless,

unfit for zombies.

And it wasn't just about Liberty Falls too, people started saying that Terminus looked garbage as-well, that BO6 was just cold war 2, the game was doomed! Kind of shocking to see how quickly the tables turned. 

Are these criticisms valid? Why did people suddenly disregard all of the awesome stuff that dropped before COD NEXT? Personally I think that Liberty Falls doesn't look horrible on it's own. But compare it to other zombies maps, even cold war maps, it's atmosphere is lacking the zombies feel we usually expect. Terminus on the other hand looks GREAT, I don't think the Terminus complaints are valid. We always knew liberty falls was going to be a smaller map than Terminus, but not to the extent of being a bonus map like The Giant or Classified. Liberty Falls was advertised by Treyarch as a second full-fledged round based experience next to Terminus, so after everyone saw the streamers play it, people got pissed. Not having a set crew also stinks, but we've gotten confirmation that the Terminus gang will be the crew for every map post launch, so we won't have a crewless map again. 

People also complain about the Cold War systems returning, they think the game should be closer to BO3. I'm not the biggest fan of CW's innovations, but I don't mind them returning in BO6, especially since they've all been heavily improved as we learned in the blog post. Out of Game progression has been made far more interesting with the new augments system, to the point where I'm not totally against having it anymore! Salvage has been made simpler, pack a punch has no more menu navigation, zombie builds (like in bo3), all of these changes are fantastic! And I played plenty of the BO6 multiplayer beta too, got to mess around with the omnimovement, I have a feeling that it's going to be even better in zombies, it'll allow for more cinematic plays!

To summarize... Many have lost hope in BO6 zombies because the smaller launch map isn't "zombies" enough, and as a result they've lost hope for the game. The map looks okay but it could be better. The gameplay systems are AWESOME I just hope that the game will be harder than Cold War. 
Thats all, thanks for reading!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days