Zombie Eye Colour After You Do The Easter Egg (ALZ-112)

Hey guys, MLH here with another theory on why the zombie eyes change colour. I hope this is sound, because I have played Moon ONCE, and had to read up in order to get all of this. If I get something wrong, tell me. Here is the previous theory leading up to this- http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18902

IntroductionNow, most of you know that the zombie's eyes change colour from yellow to blue when Samantha and Richtofen do a "soul switch". My theory is going to examine the science, symbols, and the entirely plausible zombie controlling scheme which is non-existent right now.

Looking at the eye! Sciency View!

Alright. So the eye is responsible for four fifths of all the information our brain receives. Eye colour is determined by the amount of melanin in the cells of the outside layer of your iris. Everybody has roughly the same amount of these cells - melanocytes - but the amount of melanin they contain depends on the individual. Melanin absorbs light which gives colour to hair, skin, and eyes. Genes also play a small part in this. Lots of Melanin usually means you have brown eyes, dark hair, and darker skin. Less means blonde hair, blue eyes, and lighter skin. Almost like the typical Nazi. For those with less melanin, the eye colour is actually yellow, but it appears as blue or grey because of light being reflected back by collagen. Collagen lies inside the iris and scatters and absorbs all colours apart from blue or grey, which bounce back through the top layer of the iris. This is very likely looking from a scientific point of view. Since every zombie map there was more light from the sun, I am going to assume that just because it is Moon, there is not as much natural light, and the zombie eyes may be originally be a colour and change when there is a lack of light or the setting is not right.

Idealistic ViewSome say the eye is the "window to our soul". I believe this is correct in terms of zombies. It is entirely plausible and most certainly true that Richtofen and Samantha have different goals and views on the world and power. You know this from the Easter Egg and probably since Der Riese. Perhaps when Richtofen and Samantha switched, him into her, and her into him, which is changing controllers right? If Richtofen is now controlling the zombies, the zombies will reflect on his goals and actions. This could lead to the change in eye colour. Pretty much, Samantha is represented in yellow, and Richtofen in blue. This is one theory looking from an idealistic view.

Symbolism! Looking at symbols. Alright, sometimes this can lead to something, sometimes it can’t. I will start with the colours of choice. Blue and Yellow. Blue represents depth and stability. Included are trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. Blue is considered very well for the body and mind. It slows metabolism and produces a calming effect. Yellow is associated with happiness, joy, intellect, and energy. It also produces a warming effect, and generates muscle activity. Yellow is a primary colour when placed against black. This is often used to issue a warning. In heraldry, yellow indicates honor and loyalty. Later the meaning of yellow was connected with cowardice.

Connecting with R and S. Originally, the zombie eyes were yellow. Looking at yellow above, could this mean that the zombies were fiercely loyal to Samantha? That they were truly happy with their master? Yellow generates muscle activity. Invigorating the zombies? Making them run, walk, grab, swing? On Moon, is it possible that the yellow eyes on the black setting of Moon could mean something? Now after the change in ownership, the zombie eyes turned blue. What could this mean? Looking at Blue, none of that except maybe confidence relates to Richtofen. I’ll leave that up to you guys in the replies below.

In conclusion, at least 2 of these theories seem possible, and I can only hope that it will lead to our final answer. Leave your replies, thoughts, and criticism in the places below, I want to hear you guys on this theory. Second theory done, no problem, more coming soon from MyLittleHellhound, Suzy, Jessica, Taeyeon, and IU!!!!

Sources----

Look here for more on colours. http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html

Info on the eyes- http://www.sightsavers.org/our_work/the ... fault.html

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. Enjoyed the thread and find this extremely interesting and thought provoking. Brains to you!

One suggestion, perhaps a more eye pleasing format (see what I did there)? I've always loved how theories have all the colors and stuff around them, so if you could do that, it'd be awesome!

Other than that, fantastic find and research.

EDIT: I absolutely love the new format, nice use of the spoiler tags. Very creative, and yeah, let's say you've just inspired me. 8-)

Be patient. I know how you feel though, I always seem to notice that I get the last post on a thread and then it dies and sinks into oblivion and no one ever responds. It happens.

Anyways, very interesting theory, I personally do not know how great the biological one is, but the other two are very well fitting. I do not think anyone has really looked into the eye color as being anything other than a cool visual effect until you. But I suppose there has to be a reason for the change and the specific color. Good job.