Archangel Recording Session with Darren Cesca

PINNAZ

Being a drummer, I just had to post this.

Treyarch's Senior Sound Designer, Kevin Sherwood (@KSherwoodOPS) talks about the team's collaboration with Darren Cesca (@DarrenCesca), and what it was like to bring his Extreme Metal drumming prowess to the recording of "Archangel" for the Zombies experience, Origins.

Sherwood and Cesca collaborated virtually: Sherwood on the west coast and Cesca on the east coast, recording his tracks at the House of Grind.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a drummer? Just something that makes you that much awesomer, since I am one as well.

I watched this earlier today. It's incredible the speed Darren has. Shock and awe.

I also noticed around 0:59, Kevin says "the finality of the story". I don't know if that means the finality of the entire story (doubtful), the finality of this current saga (Maps we've come to know), or just the finality of the Black Ops 2.

@ Rissole, I never knew you played either, We should stream a Jam sometime! :lol:

I'm not to sure what to make of the "finality" comment?

@ Boom, All 3 main sound guys are heavily involved in the Zombie storyline; Kevin Sherwoods song lyrics are obviously linked to the story; Brian Tuey has been giving storyline hints/help since Nacht Der Untoten was released. Here is his old blog - http://briantuey.blogspot.com.au/; & Colin, well, he is the Zombie Announcer!

Colin also has written/writes alot of the original scripted character quotes. They are not just sound guys, all three have been there from the start.